Stabilizing experiment

I have started stabilising materials myself. For now i stick to experimenting with the resin, the dyes, the bones and the vacuum chamber.

I plan to use these with some of the blades I have in progress. Already i can see many interesting ways to expand the things i am currently doing with handle material.

The top piece is going to be a set of scales on a full tang knife.

The bottom is a set of mammoth tusk ivory scales. I bought it from mermaid supplies. It was a single piece with a crack. And it was curved. I cut it lengthwise and stabilized the pieces lying upside down. This way they will be scales with ivory on the outside and green resin liners.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this:
search previous next tag category expand menu location phone mail time cart zoom edit close